Freeze Frame

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Do you know that really awesome 80's song, "Freeze Frame"? I love that song. It reminds me of being a little girl at the Booneville High School football games. The cheerleaders and majorettes had it in a halftime dance routine and froze in different poses at the "Freeze Frame!" parts of the song. (This was when I started my quest to become a cheerleader, by the way.)

Anyway, I have that song in my head a lot these days because lately when I take a picture of Parker he very spastically shoots out a pose for each photo, differing in either body movement or facial expression, and usually accompanied with a Minion-esque type of sound. It drives me crazy but it's also hilarious. 

See examples below:








Our cousins are still in town so we loaded up to see a movie in the theater yesterday. (Lily's first!) Cars 3. So very girly! I didn't pay much attention to it because let's be honest, I spent most of the movie refilling drinks, nursing, and finding pacis, but it seemed pretty cute despite my limited attention. Nothing like a dark theater with many small children to make you feel nice and tired! These are the days, man.



We recovered afterward with some outside time (bubbles and chalk, always) in the weird PERFECT weather we've had the last few days. It's been like 80 degrees and I love it! Unfortunately this is Texas so we will be back to the 100's in the next couple of days.

Our life is full and filled with so many good things and people, and so many opportunities to make sweet memories as a family. We have such great family and so many friends. I love this time of year but am tired and get a little frenzied at the lack of routine right now. Here's to trying to soak up all the good and to "just go with it!" Gosh, I wish I was one of those laid back people. 

Have a happy summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment