Happy 3rd of July!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Yesterday we celebrated the 4th on the 3rd and it was every bit as fun as it usually is, wrong day and all. 





We chilled most of the day and did "relaxing" activities, including chalk, golf cart riding, and eating watermelon. 

I have taken extreme advantage of extra hands because I took a nap. And slept in (in between nursing...). Pretty much every day we've been here. It's been awesome! 




As I've said before, my family has been coming to this house on the bay since I was I think 7. We do pretty much the same things every year, and I am so happy to have my children join in on our traditions now! One of my favorites is the 4th (3rd) fish fry. My moms side of family are big fishermen (which is why the house was originally purchased), so they catch it and we eat it. 




 
I think Lily was a fan of the day. Mostly. Have I mentioned we are teething hard core right now?



I watched Hayes jump the waves for a bit. He sure is cute when he is not attacking his brother with styrofoam swords (which he is doing right now.) I think it makes me a preofessional Mom (or maybe just a bad Mom) that I can ignore that level of crazy. 



Lily went to be ocean for the first time!





My favorite favorite tradition is shooting off fireworks on the beach. Both boys were so into it this year and even got to light a few themselves! Lily didn't flinch at anything, and kept quiet in the golf cart with her paci and my mom's cousin Dixie for company.




4th of July may be my favorite holiday. I can't decide. Even when it's on he 3rd.

-------------

Today (on the real 4th) we headed down to Murdocks and The Strand for some shopping and sweets. La Kings Confectionery didn't disappoint as usual especially because we got taffy from the taffy master as it was being pulled! Delicious. 



It's the cutest place.

 Also Lily bit me hard while I was nursing her at a table there and in my unexpected shock of pain I entertained several other patrons while they enjoyed their sweets. 



I went to Gracie's which is just the kind of store I would like to open if life ever allows. It's a fave!

I didn't get any photos of people today but I am tired and that's the way it goes.

Right now we are watching fireworks on TV and analyzing the Music (?) of Joe Jonas. 

The boys were so sandy and stinky but have been bathed and are playing Wahoo. 

And we are MISSING our Dad and Husband in Omaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment