State Fair of Texas!

Friday, October 26, 2018

Two weekends ago, we bribed my mom (Nonnie) and my sister (Aunt Julie--or as Lily says, "Guwee") into making a trip to the state fair with our crazy crew. Despite all of us being from Texas and/or having Texas roots, my mom was the only one in our fair group who had previously attended, so we were all very excited to see what the fuss is about.....welllllll, let me tell you, it was quite the event! 

They say everything is bigger in Texas....and the State Fair of Texas is for sure one of those things. We could not have covered even half of the fairgrounds if we had tried, but we did see a good little portion of it!

When we arrived, the weather was SO perfect. And Hayes obviously was not into the photos...




After a quick trip to the cotton candy stand however, we had a much happier child! Have I mentioned before that I'm not above bribing when at large public events? Because that is definitely true!






After walking around and getting extremely overwhelmed by the variety of rides/games, we decided to do what we always do when stressed....eat.

I always hear about Fletcher's Corny Dogs so that happened and they were, of course, delicious! (And gone in about 2 minutes!)




We rode A LOT of rides for the first few hours (and spent A LOT of money buying tickets for those things, too.)




I got Lily (who was sooooo ready for a nap) on the Dumbo ride with me and although it definitely does not look like it here, she LOVED it and laughed almost the whole time. 




Hayes was our thrill seeker and rode the BIG ferris wheel as well as the log flume (twice). He was the cutest little thing to watch!








I'd give 500 tickets for those smiles! (I kind of did, too...)




Parker was decidedly more reserved, but he still had fun, especially after Bryan took him on a  trip to all the games. (He won a stuffed animal and was super proud.)






Fair life with three kids...




We ate some more food (including funnel cake, caramel apples, a "Sponge Bob" popsicle (why), fried oreos, and a whole lot of diet coke) and then we headed to the new children's petting barn which was HUGE and so cool. 




If Lily Mae could really talk, I bet she would say this was her favorite part. That girl loves her some animals (kind of unfortunate since her mother is very anti-pet). 




I wish I'd gotten more photos in this section, because we got feed ALL sorts of animals--a zebra (that was my favorite), an ostrich, a llama, and all the other usual farm animals. 




I love family photos but the whole little-kids-who-need-food-and-naps thing kind of ruins it a lot of the time. ;)







We got a few selfies with Big Tex....





And headed home to comfy couches, football, and order-in pizza. Thank the Lord for Dominos. 








No comments:

Post a Comment