Halloween Wrap Up!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

As promised, I am back to share our last few Halloween festivities of 2018.

On Monday night, we ordered pizza and watched the kids favorite Halloween movie, "The Nightmare Before Christmas", or "Halloween Christmas" as the kids call it (or just "HAWOWEEN!" as Lily calls it). I'm not sure how bad of a mom this makes me since, even as a grown up, I still think that "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is super creepy, buuuut, it is what it is, and the kids absolutely love it. We've also listened to "This is Halloween" approximately 391 times and Parker knows every word....(is this bad?)  So there's that, too.

Anyways! I don't have photos from Monday night but thought all of the above was worth sharing....

On Tuesday, we painted pumpkins while watching "October Kiss"---a Hallmark movie that is ALL about Halloween! If you are up for a bit of family-friendly cheese with your Halloween activities, I highly recommend...two corny thumbs up!

Parker the artist chose to paint "Angry Bird Red". He was so sweet and proud of his creation!




Hayes initially started out painting a jack-o-lantern face, but once he realized it wouldn't be a "real jack-o-lantern" he was very sad and suckered his Dad into carving a "real" one for him. (Also Hayes trying to say "jack-o-lantern" is extremely cute.)






I took over the painting of Lily's pumpkin and went with a classic witch with the help of my handy craft cabinet (and apparent Halloween craft hoarding skills!)




I thought she turned out looking pretty much how I have felt the last few weeks!

Haysie's cute REAL jack-o-lantern. 




The Frazzled Mommy Witch! (I can just hear Bryan's jokes as I type....)




And "One-Eyed Red", the Angry Bird.




We spent the rest of the evening outside (enjoying the amazing weather!) and decorating our patio/porch for trick-or-treaters. Our front patio is really more of a 12-foot long bricked tunnel and ever since we moved in I have thought it was made to be decorated super spooky for Halloween night!

Parker and Hayes chose where most everything would go and I set out hot-gluing and hanging and almost falling off the ladder a few too many times. ;)




Our door was covered in spider webs and spiders (Parker's request) and there are bats flying up the side walls but it's hard to see in the photo. Wah-wah.

I also bought one of those shimmering/moving spooky lights from Target and it's basically my new favorite thing---AND to top the look off, we hid some speakers behind the pumpkins and played spooky Halloween sounds. I am obviously very excited about this. I just love Halloween and finally living in a neighborhood that has good trick or treating!




Now to the grand finale: HALLOWEEN! 

Our day started out pretty normal---all of the kids had school, Bryan had to work, and I had Mom to Mom, so we didn't get to do much until later in the day. (Bryan and I DID get to sneak in a midday lunch date at Uncle Julio's though!)

It was raining after school (and the whole day), so we hung around and watched Hocus Pocus and had some very tasty chicken enchilada soup (a new favorite recipe!) with a side of come CUTE pumpkin cookies I ordered from one of our talented neighbors. 





It was a very exciting meal, obviously. ;)




Then it was COSTUME TIME!

Lily Mae was in a terrible-two mood for the first, oh, hour or so of the evening (as you can see below), but she eventually warmed up to the idea of her costume thanks to copious amount of candy and snuggles from her Daddy. (Fun fact: the Kiss was handmade by my Nanny and was also worn by both of my sisters way back in the 90's. Vintage!)





SHE'S SO FLUFFY THOUGH!




And now, I present to you: the WORST Halloween costume photos I have ever attempted to take. 







This is the best one (and it's not even good!)




The rain completely stopped at about 6:30 and we were able to trick-or-treat to our heart's delight (but really until Parker declared he was so cold he was about to turn into a popsicle). The kids came home happy and with the buckets FULL of candy!







We had one GREAT HALLOWEEN and I am already looking forward to next year!!! 

I am so tired I'm pretty sure I've made no sense while typing this post!!


I watched a Christmas movie today and do not feel bad about it!

YAY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment