First Day of Kindergarten!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

We've made some HUGE changes since the last time I blogged...we moved! It's been a whirlwind and definitely not lacking in drama, but Bryan accepted a new job with a roofing company in the metroplex back in June and last week we moved into our new home and have been attempting to get the family settled and ready for life in a new city! There are of course a million things I could/need to blog about concerning our last few (emotional) months in Lubbock (we miss our friends and community there SO much) but today I'm going to focus on a big, big event in our home: Parker's first day of Kindergarten!

Look at how big my baby looks! He was excited and ready to go on Monday morning.


Since I'm new to this "big kid school" thing, I decided to make some new first day of school traditions. On Sunday night (after a semi-traumitizing haircut in the backyard), we prayed for Parker before we tucked the kids in, with the most help from Hayes who LOVES to say prayers. It was so cute and Parker was super embarrassed but I hope it gave him some comfort and reminded him how much he is loved and that God is always with him! 

I decorated our mantle with a little apple banner from Target and displayed his outfit for the day along with his backpack and his "First Day of School" sign on the hearth. I also got some extra school supplies, clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer and packed that up for his teacher's gift to display as well. I OF COURSE forgot to take a photo--but it was cute and easy and Parker was so excited to wake up on Monday morning and see the set-up. Anything to make an early morning feel like Christmas is fine by me.


He ate waffles, put on his new shoes (that are about 2 sizes too big but are SO cute on his little boy legs) and we packed up the whole family to head off to school. We surprised him in the car by blaring "rock and roll" (his favorite type of music and frequently requested) in the form of AC/DC's "Thunderstruck". Oh my goodness were we looking cool in that minivan. 



I held his hand as we walked in to school and once he was in his classroom he was pretty much ready for us to leave, ha! 


After school I found out just how intense the pick-up line was and then we headed to Braum's for ice cream! Very exhausting with three small children but still fun and I managed to get a few words of post-school report from Parker which included, "it was fun but the day was too long and I thought it would never end." I guess he has some adjusting to do from his pre-school days! Welcome to big kid life! (for the next 17 years!)

We love our sweet Parker Reed and are forever thankful for him.








No comments:

Post a Comment