Life Around Here!

Friday, August 24, 2018

The last two weeks we've been in McKinney have been busy and fun!




The bulk of our time has been spent settling into our new house. The above photo is me relishing in the accomplishment of getting the kitchen unpacked, organized, and clean. The best feeling, really. We have truly loved the house and also really love the neighborhood. It is so pretty here and there are so many trees which makes me all kinds happy. I missed green during my time in LBK. Last week we were driving through town on a particularly tree-covered street and me and Judy heard Hayes whisper, "We in da jungle!" We died laughing. That west Texas baby!




My sweet MIL came to stay a few days and help unpack (and was a life saver, as usual) so Bryan and I were able to make a midnight date run to Andy's which serves amazing frozen custard. Much deserved!




The kids have been busy enjoying their new playroom and the SEGA that aunt Laura got them for Christmas. Please note Lily, the great multi-tasker, who loves to pat her baby while "playing" Sonic.




Last Thursday the kids and I went on a park search, specifically a covered park since it was 100 degrees in the middle of the day (poor planning on my part but we were stir-crazy). We found a huge one right across the street from Parker's school that included a splash pad. I can't be sure, but I think they loved it. ;)







Thursday night was Meet The Teacher at school and Parker's teacher is every bit as sweet as we were hoping and praying for! Parker said he never wanted to leave ever (a great sign!) and although I couldn't get the actual Kindergartener to sit down a take a photo, his little brother was more than happy to oblige (and is really mad that he can't start kindergarten, too).




On Friday night we went to "Food Truck Friday" at our neighborhood pool. My goodness, it was an event. The had food trucks obviously, but also a DJ, bounce house, lawn games, and then the pool and splash pad. We stayed long past bedtime and had a blast!







They are doing this every Friday in August so we are looking forward to going back for the fun tonight! It seems that we are in a very involved and active neighborhood which is basically my dream. I'm excited to meet even more neighbors and make new friends!








On Saturday night we drove in to Frisco for dinner and an IKEA run. Let it be known that Bryan actually said the words, "Let's take the whole family to IKEA. It will be fun!" I am not kidding at all. We went to the new boardwalk across the highway for dinner and is was so neat! The kids loved the fish in the pond and I LOVED The Biscuit Bar. So cute and absolutely delicious!




It actually clouded up and started thundering SO LOUD and by the time we got to Ikea it was raining and the storm was right on top of us. We could hear the lightening crackle in the marketplace of Ikea which is saying something because that place is obviously huge. I LOVE all this rain though!





We have done a lot of other activities that I failed to get photos of--including getting my hair cut and colored for the first time in NINE years, and trying a new church! The COC world is a small and tightly knit community, so one of my sweet co-workers from LCU had messaged me and connected us to one of her best friends at this church--we were able to meet her and her family and go to lunch with them and meet a whole bunch of other families. It was SO fun and they were such a welcoming group. We look forward to going back and going to class this Sunday. Parker knew we were "trying" churches and was so cute on Sunday when we got in the car and said, "Yes. I love that church. I can't believe we found one on the first try!"




Other than the big event of this week (starting Kindergarten!), we have continued to unpack and get settled (and play baseball in our big backyard, go to Target a lot, and of course make a trip to Chick-fil-a!) A pretty uneventful week, but a good one!



Oh! I also let the kids (boys) watch The Avengers one night this week (mostly the action scenes because according to them, the talking parts are bor-ing) and I think it's safe to say we have some new superhero fans! Crazy lady (pictured above) has been entertaining us with her antics all week as well. She is sure to give us a run for our money as she gets older--her personality is big, funny, cuddly, and mischievous! Also, when did her hair get so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment