Friday Favorites

Friday, August 31, 2018

Here are my Friday favorites for this last day of August!







1. Time with my "littles":

Me and the little kids have had SO much fun this week and every day I have been reminded of how lucky I am to be at home with them. Both Hayes and Lily are FULL of hilarious personality and are peas in a pod which is adorable to watch. Hayes is very into super heros all of sudden and I learn mored and more that even though he is so rough and tumble and "all boy", there is nothing he loves more than to be snuggled and cared for and reminded that he is a good boy. He also says things like, "very please?" when he really wants something which is so stinking cute. Lily Mae-oh good grief that girl. She is the food mooch of all food mooches and pats her babies and dances and reaches out her arms to perfect strangers to hold and snuggle her. She wants to do ALL the big things ALL the time.

I love them!



2. Fall Candles: I am not ashamed to say I've been burning fall candles for the last month. This is the only time of year that I really consistently burn candles because let's be real, no candles compare to fall scented candles and I DO NOT care if I sound super basic by saying that. ;) My favorites are as follows:

"Leaves" from Bath and Body Works
"Autumn" from Bath and Body Works (ALL B&BW candles are 50% off right now! Ah!)
"Country Morning" from Circle E (I can't find a place here that sell them! Wah!)
"Homecoming" from Tyler Candles
"Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath and Body Works


ALL SO GOOD. Give me a clean house and contented children and a fall candle burning and I am a happy, HAPPY lady.








3. Our new neighborhood:

We have had so much fun exploring our neighborhood these last three weeks. (have we really been here that long?) The pool is awesome and so is the clubhouse, but our latest adventures have been exploring the walking/biking trails (which include a tricycle race track--so cute) and the parks. I love that this neighborhood left so many "green spaces" untouched with HUGE beautiful trees. We actually live across the street from one and it makes me so happy. There is apparently a huge nature trail along the river right down the street from us, but we might wait till it's not 1000 degrees to do that one. ;)





4. "Uncrustable" sandwich maker:

I purchased this little guy from Pampered Chef to make and freeze batches of PB&J sandwiches and I LOVE it.


5. Super cheap custom mats:

The boys have some vintage airplane prints that are from Bryan's grandpa (and hung in Bryan's room until he went to college) and I decided to get them re-framed which requires new mats. They are an odd size so I found this website that sells super cheap custom mats. I'm always a little worried buying from random websites, but I got the mats in and they are super nice! Their customer service is phenomenal (and fast!) as well. I will try to remember to post photos when I get them framed and hung!



6. My sweet Parker Reed:

Sometimes I think I'm doing a terrible job as a parent but then sometimes there are sweet little things that show me that some of the things we are saying and teaching are sticking in my kids' little minds and hearts. Case in point: this week, Parker has been SUCH a helper since Bryan has been working/ out of town a lot, and "Dad isn't here and you need help." Yesterday I took the kids to the park and Parker watched Lily and made sure she was safe and happy and pushed her on the swing and it was so so cute. Last night, HAYES the crazy locked me out of my bedroom (he was sneaky and fast and I had no clue until it had already happened) and while I was (semi-calmly) scolding Hayes and trying to get the door unlocked Parker snuck off.... I eventually followed him to find him making the beds in the boys room because, "I know how much you do Mom and I wanted to help." I about died from the sweetness and the thoughtfulness! ...And that's all I have to say about that.

Happy weekend and HAPPY SEPTEMBER!


No comments:

Post a Comment