What's Up Wednesday (On a Thursday!)

Friday, August 31, 2018

I love doing all the blog prompts from other blogs but never know when they are happening until after they have already happened....case in point: I'm doing What's Up Wednesday on a Thursday!

It's no secret that I read Mix and Match Mama (one of the host blogs for this link up) and if you didn't know--she also lives in McKinney! I kind of feel like a super stalker now that we moved here, too, but I AM NOT (mostly!)-- I will admit, however, that she is the one who made McKinney sound so nice/adorable/awesome/pretty that it prompted me to start looking in the area when Bryan took his new job. I was originally looking in Lewisville/The Colony and then eventually moved to Frisco since it was newer and still close to Bryan's office but after I realized that McKinney was “just the next town over”, I had to take a look. Well...after driving through the BEAUTIFUL area, going to their cute downtown, and seeing how close it is to all the "Dallas things" both me and Bryan were completely sold! Now I'm just praying that I never see Mix and Match our in public because I will probably embarrass myself!

Alrighty--now that I've gotten that hopefully-not-too-creepy-confession out of the way (thanks Shay, for being a walking "move here" billboard for this cute city!), I will move on to the good stuff...


What We're Eating This Week....

I have finally started meal planning since school started last week! It feels so good to be back in a routine.

Monday: Santa Fe Soup (I also made my MIL's chocolate chip cookies and they were almost as good as hers..but not quite, as usual!)
Tuesday: Mexican Pile-Up!
Wednesday: Crazy Chicken (that is grilled chicken that I season with Jane's Crazy Salt--try it if you haven't...it's awesome), green beans, and homemade macaroni and cheese. I also made banana bread for dessert. I'm normally not this "dessert-heavy" but I was forced into it by Lily who refused the bananas I bought her all week.
Thursday: Spaghetti, arugula salad, garlic bread
Friday: Ording Pizza!
Saturday: Chili/Frito Pies because it's September 1st and there will be college football on tv!
Sunday: Leftovers/Sandwiches

What I'm reminiscing about: Today I heard the "Despacito" song in Target and it took me right back to the Dominican and our dreamy week of vacation last January! Wah. It makes me wish we were going back again this year but moving is expensive so that will probably not happen. Bryan hates that song by the way, but our resort played it ALL the time (which I thought was hilarious.)


What I'm loving: I don't know? Our new house! New area! Dallas! McKinney! The easy access to Ikea! The churches we have visited! The trees! Our neighborhood pool! There's a lot of new things to love right now which is good because it keeps me distracted from missing our family and friends in Lubbock.


What I'm dreading: I took the kids to the dentist this week (YES ALL THREE OF THEM) and it was awful and I dreaded it but now it's over! Yay!


What I'm working on: SO many things. Obviously getting settled into our house--I still have a couple of boxes to unpack and then lots to hang/decorate. I've got to do some back to school/fall clothing shopping for the kids (hopefully this weekend), and I am HAPPILY planning our fall calendar/activities and it's so much fun I can't handle it. Lilybug will be 2 and Hayes will be 4 in the next two months so we have some fun birthday planning to do to as well! AND I'm planning to work on my Etsy shop more once the littles start school next week.

What I'm excited about: In general: FALL!! Cooler weather! Hearing football on TV! Halloween! I'm also really excited to plug into a church--we went to our old preacher's church last weekend and saw so many people that we know from the past (as I've mentioned before the COC bubble is a small one), and I think I am going to do "Mom to Mom" which is a bible study that starts in a few weeks, so I'm excited about that! I also got a little too excited and agreed to be "VP of Fundraising" for the PTA at Parker's school so there's that. HA! I will keep you updated on my sanity level with that and am just really having a moment right now realizing that I drive a mini-van and am involved in the PTA so basically all my life goals have been achieved.

What I'm watching/reading: We haven't watched it in a few weeks with all the moving, but me and Bryan's newest binge is Suits (yes, the Meghan Markle show) and IT IS SO GOOD. Highly recommend. Yesterday I got a hankering to re-read Redeeming Love (for the 50th time) so I'm happily involved in that right now and it's still as good as the first time I read it.

What I'm listening to: I hate this question. Music always reminds me of how old/out of it I am. We listen to a lot of the Moana soundtrack these days! I'm okay with it, ha.

What I'm wearing: I feel like I have no hot-weather clothes that I like anymore which is weird because what have I been wearing all summer? I'm OVER the hot weather so I've been trying to force cooler temps by weathering jeans and booties (it's not working.) I'm anxious for some free time to go shopping and try out my new mall!

What I'm doing this weekend: Tomorrow Parker has his first pep rally at his school so we will go to that and then tomorrow night is the last "Food Truck Friday" event, and then on Saturday: FOOTBALL will be on at our house! I'm not an avid football fan by any means but there is something about the sound of college football that brings in fall and makes me so happy. We'll also probably be doing more unpacking this weekend and will go to church on Sunday! I'm guessing Labor Day will be spent at the pool!

That's all I have time for today! Me and my big mouth and never-ending sentences. ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment