Wednesday Phone Dump!

Wednesday, December 12, 2018


I haven't been the most detailed photographer in the last two weeks, but I need to get up a blog post to continue on my semi-consitent blogging streak so here we go....





We had our first Christmas movie night last week and watched Home Alone, ate cookies, and marveled at the tree (okay that last one was only me).




Me and the kids went to the park and Hayes was so funny standing in the wind catching leaves. It was super cute and made me happy. Hayes also told me that Bryan is "stwonger than a bear", as well as this adorable nugget:

"Mom, I'm so pwoud of you."
Me: "Awww, thank you. Why do you say that?"
Hayes: "Cuz you make me happy!"

(Please remember that he also tells me things like, "I don't like your face", and has at least one melt down  a day, so there is lots of sweet and sour from those big pouty lips of his.






My Dad and Lily (the crazy lady) last week.




Before my parents left town after Grandmommy's funeral we were able to take a trip to the Gaddie family farm, which is where my Grandmommy was raised and where my Granny (great-grandmother) lived until right before she died. I had no idea the land was still in the family until my Dad mentioned it. It was so neat to see!




The only time I remember coming here was with my Grandmommy right after my great-grandmother passed away. I remember that we picked pears and got some cute little yellow flowered dishes out of the kitchen. 


The house is obviously in complete disrepair. I can't believe that my great-grandmother raised four children in such a small place! And mostly on her own! (Grandmommy's Dad passed away when she was 9 or 10 in a farming accident. It makes me happy to think that she is with him right now--she was very close to him and always talked about how she still missed him when I was growing up.)



My Dad said there were many Thanksgiving turkeys cooked in this little kitchen (with the Cowboys playing in the background.) It was sad to see it this way, I wish it could be fixed up!











Isn't it pretty?





I was so happy we got to see my family and spend some one-on-one time with my Dad even though it was for a sad reason. Lily was all about Pops! And spaghetti! 







The rest of the last week was mostly spent doing our usual things: making messes (sooooooo many messes), getting the van washed (a terrifying experience according to Lily), going to and from all the schools, doing a few quiet little Christmas things, AND....





making my FAVORITE CHRISTMAS COOKIES EVER! I cannot thank my MIL enough for the gift of this recipe. It is the best cookie recipe. The end.





I was feeling adventurous and wore my new scarf that I got at Holiday Happening to church on Sunday. I felt a little like my middle school self wearing capris for the first time and am not sure if  I am brave enough to try this trend again! The girls that I've seen wear these look so cute, but the jury is still out on whether I will continue supporting it. I felt like a flight attendant!





We ate lunch at Uncle Julio's, which as always, was MUY BUENO. Lily also rocked one of her 50 Christmas dresses I bought last year at the New Year's Day sale. I HAVE PROBLEMS. 




And I took this random photo of my favorite house we drive by on our way home. We live in a neighborhood but it feels like you're driving out to the boonies for a bit. I like that, though--you know me and my farm dream! 





And lastly: My Current Favorite Memes





YOU'RE WELCOME!







Bryan and I have gone to bed TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW before 11pm. This is unheard of, people of the internet!!! I don't even know who I am anymore. 

---------


Before I go, and in the chance that anyone may read this before tomorrow at 2:30pm, can you please say a prayer for my Papaw? He is going in for some pretty scary scans and needs some healing and peace! Thank you!

Good night!





No comments:

Post a Comment