Parker's WALL-E Themed 6th Birthday Party.

Monday, June 4, 2018

I don't really have much to blog about today but I am, for the 100th time, on a mission to blog more consistently so I figured I would go back in time a month to share Parker's Wall-E themed birthday party. We were so excited to celebrate our precious 6-year-old!! Parker was very intent on this theme (although I thought it was a bit random) and chose to have the party at our beloved Science Spectrum.

Side note: I go back and forth on whether it's easier to have birthday parties at home or away from home. Does anyone else understand this struggle? At home is (usually) cheaper, and you have unlimited time to set-up, but you also have to clean your house (boo), and then having it somewhere else pretty much guarantees that there will be a rental fee involved, and you will have some ridiculous small amount of time like 20 minutes to set up (which does NOT work if you are crazy party lady like me and want to decorate). Anyways. None of that really matters, because Parker had the BEST time with his sweet friends!

I am not really a homemade cake and food kind of mom for birthday parties so I picked up some "galaxy" cupcakes (or "cake, in a cup!" which only makes sense if you've seen the movie) at Market Street and ordered cookies from a very talented girl in Lubbock. They turned out SO perfect!



My mother-in-law made "trash cube" rice crispy treats and we also had chips and little finger sandwiches. Oh and "plant samples"--also known as grapes.





The only drama was that dang backdrop (which is actually a photography backdrop from Wal-Mart....I'm still really wondering who would seriously use that for professional photos but I digress). We weren't allowed to put push pins in the wall and the painters tape we tried wasn't working. Bryan and Judy, bless them, really tried to get me to give up on it but in true Katy fashion, I stuck to my guns and used a billion pieces of tape until it stayed. Yes, I am that annoying.





Everything else was pretty easy! I printed all the labels on our home printer and was able to steal some of our MOPS table cloths for the weekend (the perk of being the hospitality chair).


On to the fun! Parker was so excited about this birthday chair. It was cute. 




I think every boy from Parker's class at school came (plus one adorably cute little girl) as well as some of his church friends. It was basically the best day ever in his book. The kids ate and ran around the museum for the first bit of the party. I love watching little boys at this age. They are hilarious together and SO energetic. 




I was so impressed with all that the Science Spectrum had to offer for parties--we chose to a "Crazy Chemistry Show", which ended up being a really cool lesson on how to make slime. All the kids got bags of slime to take home (and I'm sure their parents were SO happy about this!)




We also made ice cream which was probably the big highlight of the party. Our party coordinator used liquid nitrogen and the kids (and adults) were all extremely intrigued. It was pretty awesome.




After cupcakes and presents (where Parker got about 15 new lego sets that he had excitedly completed three days later), we headed up to the "Grossology" exhibit which was truly, truly, GROSS. There was a giant intestine and, I'm going to say it, ANUS tunnel (with slide) for the kids to run through. It was hilarious. And disgusting. They also had all things boogers, toots, burps, stinky feet, etc.--including a section where you could SMELL different stinky things like body odor, bad breath, and again...anus. I'm not making this up.



So there's that! It was a wonderful, fun, and kind of gross morning. A true little boy dream birthday, in my opinion, and a wonderful way to celebrate my sweet, smart, funny, creative PARKER REED!

No comments:

Post a Comment