Doing a Load of Laundry.

Monday, June 12, 2017




If there is one thing I have learned in my time as a mother, it is that you never finish doing laundry. (Well, I've learned a few other things--but all of them involve either mushy gushy love or messes.) I used to be pretty good at staying somewhat on top of the laundry but now that we have outnumbered ourselves with children, I am very, very bad at it.

Here is why:

Saturday: This is (supposed to be) the day that bedding gets washed. I wash the boys sheets and coverlets. Done.

Dirty clothes pile up.

Dirty clothes pile up.

Dirty clothes pile up.

Monday: (The day I'm supposed to go around and catch up on clothes laundry.)

8:00am - Hayes wakes up. He has pottied out of his diaper and all over his bed. Change diaper. Change clothes. Make breakfast. Forget potty on bed. Feed Lily. Take shower. Clean up breakfast mess. Feed Lily oatmeal. Clean up oatmeal mess. Do ALL the mom things (except for laundry.)

11:00am - Remember pottied-on bed. Strip down bedding. Put in washer. Add detergent. Kids fighting over chalk outside. Pick up random pieces of trash (mostly straw wrappers from juice boxes) around the house. Blow dry hair and put on makeup. Keep telling kids that "IT IS SUMMER, GO OUTSIDE".

12:00pm - Shoot, I forgot to turn on the washer. Turn on washer. Realize it's only an hour until Haysie naps and he needs bedding to sleep on. Strip Parker's bed to move mattress pad to Hayes' bed. Kids yell, they are hungry. Put Easy Mac in microwave. I have 3.5 minutes. Use the restroom. Return to boys room and but Parker's mattress pad and sheets on Hayes' bed. Microwave dings. Finish making lunch. Run back to bedroom. Finish making bed.

12:30pm - Walk to laundry room to switch bedding and hear Lily cry. Go feed her. Play with Lily and take videos for Instagram (duh). Clean up Easy Mac off the rug that Hayes has spilled. Clean up water that spills while I was cleaning up the Easy Mac. Start making my lunch. Remember to switch bedding from washer to dryer. Go switch bedding. Darn it the laundry in the dryer was never turned on and is still wet. Turn on laundry that should already be done and rescue Lily from her love/hate relationship with the door jumper. Send boys to playroom, realize it's a mess. Ask boys to help clean up. (I mostly clean up but Parker is a good helper!) Hayes is screaming and banging his hammer on everything. Time for nap--must find blankets, paci, and a fresh sippy cup of milk.  Tuck him in. Turn on sound machine. Hallelujah nap time.

1:30pm - Realize that I didn't finish making my lunch. Make lunch. Get Lily and eat lunch with her in my lap. Send Parker in playroom. Put Lily down for nap. Pull out finally dry laundry. Switch pottied- on bedding to dryer. We are almost there guys! Maybe by midnight I will have the lunch mess cleaned up and bedding that I literally washed (on time) two days ago back on the bed. Or piled in a laundry basket. Happy motherhood! ;)

---And this is why I'm tired.





No comments:

Post a Comment