What's Up Wednesday (On A Thursday!)

Thursday, February 1, 2018

I'm totally late to this game, but I love reading "What's up Wednesday" posts on other blogs so I have decided to join them! Mostly because I don't know what else to write about, ha.


What We're Eating This Week....

Eating our usual standards this week. Spaghetti, Tacos, Pork Chops with green beans and mac and cheese, and tonight is chili, and then probably pizza or something on Saturday night (I am horrible at planning meals for Saturday nights.) And then Sunday is the Super Bowl (!), so we are going over to a friend's house for a party! I am bringing queso and ingredients for an ice cream sundae bar.

What I'm Reminising About...


Oh, our trip to the Dominican, of course. It feels like a dream now which makes me sad!



What I'm Loving...




I have loved reading with Parker this week. We just finished the second book from the Magic Treehouse series. It's been so fun and was all we talked about on our lunch date yesterday (that and how he is scared to fly on planes and "Do sharks eat people?".....)

What We've Been Up To...



Just our usual life of kids and school and friends and laundry....all good things (except for the laundry).

What I'm Dreading....

Nothing really...well I'm dreading the possibility of one of my kiddos coming down with the flu. I'm almost scared to type that. The flu bug may read this and realize he's forgotten us!

What I'm Working On...

Everything? Nothing? I don't know. I have so many projects that never get finished with the whole three kids to take care of thing.

Right now, Bryan and I are trying to finish the flip house so that's a big one. And then I've also started to get things in order for Parker's 6th birthday party and for Easter!

What I'm Excited About...

I'm really excited about getting my new planner in.
I'm really excited about hopefully finding/renovating/or building a home for our family in the next year.
I'm really excited about going with my boys to the Mother/Son Date Night at church in a few weeks.

What I'm Watching/Reading...


I'm watching the new season of Victoria (I actually just finished episode 3 and it was a good one!), and I'm currently reading Long Days of Small Things by Catherine McNiel--although I am horrible at actually reading (rather than listening to) non-fiction books. It is SO good and every page is wonderfully needed but I've only read a chapter a day so far. I need a good novel if anyone has any suggestions.



What I'm Listening To...

Ugh. I'm horrible at music lately. I don't know? Haven't listened to any podcasts this week, either! I need to fix that.

What I'm Wearing...

I've been wearing this Jadelynn Brooke pullover (the light gray/beige) pretty much every other day with one of my 20 pairs of Fabletics leggings.





What I'm Doing This Weekend...

I have a full and fun weekend ahead and am pretty pumped! Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my college friends! Tomorrow night...maybe Bryan and I will get a date? Maybe? On Saturday, we'll probably find an activity to do with the kids and then I'm going to a movie with more friends! And then on Sunday, we have church and the Super Bowl party! Such a friend-ly weekend!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...

All of the Valentine's fun, Homecoming weekend, hopefully going to a LCU and Tech basketball game (LCU women's is #2! And Tech men's is #10), Mother/Son Date Night, shopping for spring clothes...and that's about all I can think of at the moment. I love February!

What Else Is New...

We are in the beginning stages of figuring out what the next step is for our family house-wise. We have been renting for the last 6 months (I can't believe that!) and while I've honestly loved the break from home ownership and all that goes with it, we are excited for whatever door is up next (we would all really like a backyard again, too)! I have a new hobby of driving around town looking at lots, older houses to possibly renovate, potential neighborhood developments, etc. It's super fun for me but all of my kids pretty much hate it, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment