Our Life via Phone Dump.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I feel that the week before Thanksgiving is typically pretty crazy and this year is no exception--thankfully it's full of fun things!

Thought I would pop in and give an update before my tired eyes force me to sleep. It's quite the random assortment today.

Me and the "little kids" as I call them headed to Costco last week (one of their favorite outings--no seriously). I posted the most hilarious video of Hayes on You Tube that has been giving me a good laugh for a solid week. Go on and look, it will make you smile, I promise!




I've learned to just sit back, smile, and enjoy being part of this daily circus.




The kids wrote their letter to Santa last week as well, and sneaky sneak Parker put it in the mailbox and let the mailman get away with it without a lick of postage! We have no idea where it is. I may have to run the mailman down tomorrow to investigate.

I used the most adorable "Letter to Santa" kit that I found at Target last year (they are on sale this year as well!) It includes real shipping information (to Alaska) with directions as to how to receive your very own reply back from Santa himself. Unfortunately,the odds of my kids getting their Santa letter back are not currently looking so good...




We attended Parker's Thanksgiving Feast at school, which was actually just us sitting there while we ate sack lunches that I made, but it was still fun, we got lots of smiles, and I met a new mom to be awkward with! ;)



I just feel that I should document Lily's current favorite sentences---

"You okay?"
"I no no." (I don't know)
"Awwwww, so coooot." (cute)
"Mommy, wock?" (rock)
And her favorite: "I do it!!"

That's all I can think of at the moment but Bryan and I basically die over every little thing that she says. She's also started doing the whole hip-stuck-out-sassy-thing which, obviously, is very, very adorable (and is proving to be a great way to get just what she wants).




Haysie getting his ice cream ALL by himself at Chick-fil-a (and saying "Please" and Thank you" like a gentlemen). While we are here on this topic: I just downloaded the Chick-Fil-A app today and am pumped for ALLLLL of my future free treats as I'm sure we pay the wages of at least one Chick-Fil-A employee.




An outfit pic featuring my FAVORITE new boots from my girls trip to Fredericksburg!




Witching Hour documentation. 







Hayes, the crazy but cute, has been making this face ALL the time and I cannot take it seriously. I'm telling you, age four has been ROUGH so far.

But this face it so funny!




On Monday night, I met a new friend from Mom to Mom for a holiday pop-up shop at a new Bed and Breakfast in downtown McKinney. Y'ALL---this house (which is now the Bed and Breakfast) is seriously my dream home!! I wish this crappy iPhone picture did it a bit of justice but it just doesn't....white colonial revival, black shutters, red door, dormer windows, and all the traditional charm on the inside, too! It was built in 1912 for a local banker. I love it.




I had so much fun walking through all the cute pop-up shops with my new friend (she is so kind and easy to talk to and a GREAT shopper) and I also had fun seeing many other new friends from our church. I also very randomly ran into a friend of one of my favorite Lubbock friends (Hi, Tara!) and later connected that another one of her friends (and college roommate) is also in my "Mom to Mom" group. This world just keeps on getting smaller, I am telling you. Also--I am super surprised that I was able to say the word "friend" that many times in one paragraph.


On Tuesday, Parker and Lily had their very first well visits with our new pediatrician---whom we were referred to by our beloved Lubbock pediatrician, Dr. Gueterslogh---and who happens to also be named....Dr. Gueterslogh! Ha. As luck would have it, our Lubbock Dr. G has a brother-in-law who has a practice in Frisco--so we now have a Frisco Dr. G! (AGAIN: SMALL WORLD.) He was so, so great and I am so relieved to have found a good place for the kids!




My friend Shelbi sent this to Dove Group the other day and I about died laughing.




The main reason I haven't blogged this week is because Christmas has made its way into our house and I just cannot get a handle on it. Yay, fancy Christmas anxiety!




I've only done our mantel and tabletop decor, but I like it a lot and am happy to have my house looking somewhat clean again.


Another outfit shot with a new sweater I bought at the pop-up-shop the other night. I love it and received many compliments on it while out and about so I'm feeling like it was quite the good buy.




And we have finally made it to TODAY! Yay! I thought this blog post might never end!

Today, Lily and Hayes had their own Thanksgiving Feasts at school and I was pumped to learn that parents are NOT ADVISED to attend. Y'all, I don't know if this makes me a bad Mom, but I was so happy when I heard this. KDO time is precious to me, and standing around watching toddlers not talk and be awkward and mostly not eat the cute Pinterest food that parents worked so hard on when I could be running errands, going to the grocery store, and doing other toddler-free things is just not fun. There I said it. Whew! Feels good to get that off my chest.

But isn't this little turkey CUTE????? 




She seemed to enjoy her feast and so did her brother! 


Tonight we had another feast of sorts with our very own Aunt Abby (Bryan's sister) who is in town for work! We were able to sit and talk over tacos and brownies (and watch a few videos of her dog and cat at home). We had SO much fun and can't wait for her next trip to the Big D!




Last thing: Bryan and I have a shared hobby and that is this: looking at parenting memes and sending them to each other. I know, we are super exciting. I was commenting today that I am still waiting for Hayes to grow out if his "threenager" phase because there isn't a dramatic name for a four-year-old.... but Bryan just sent me this and I guess I stand corrected!!

Enjoy.



Hayes current status: Fournado (And 100% accurate some days! But I love you anyway, Haysie!)


I have SO much more to blog about but I need to stop because I am so, so tired. I've done a few craft projects this week and have a few other favorites to share---next time!!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment