Our Week In Photos (And A Recipe!)

Monday, December 17, 2018

Last week was a sweet and normal little week over here at the Roberts household. We did a few Christmas-y things (on Friday night we went to Christmas At The Star but I'll do another post for that whole thing later), and have been having so much fun!

And now on to my random photos.

Last weekend I stayed up late to make these babies....




Buttermilk pie is probably my favorite dessert and definitely my favorite pie. Also, it's super easy! Here is the quick recipe:

Ingredients: (Makes 2 pies)

-6 eggs, beaten
-3 1/4 cups sugar
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup buttermilk
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 unbaked 9" pie crusts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients and pour into pie crusts. Bake for one hour or until pies are solid all the way through. Enjoy with a big cup of coffee! 

--------

While they were in the oven, I finally sat down and watched the last two episodes (insert crying face) of Poldark. All I will say is: EMOTIONAL. And: DRAMATIC. I am so sad that I have to wait a whole stinkin' year to see Ross and Demelza again (and my favorite good guy, Dwight!)




We made a chilly trip to the park early in the week and watched Hayes be cute and Lily be crazy and helped Parker find GIANT acorns that now live in a pretty bowl on my nightstand. 






I made oven-baked tacos on Tuesday night (one of my favorite easy Taco Tuesday recipes) and just had to take a photo of our Christmas plates (from Target, of course.) This is our second year with these plates and the kids love them and go around the table at every meal time talking about which design they got. I can see them becoming little sentimental treasures for Christmases way in the future!







Lilybug was a busy-bug all week. I couldn't resist taking a photo of this little moment. Cudding and "co-win" as she says (aka: coloring).




Hayes has loved waking up to find new presents under the tree and inspects each and every one of them every morning. It is super cute and he is so happy that he has TWO presents (he really has three under there, but he doesn't believe me). 




I let the kids play with play-doh a few times last week so I guess I'm feeling really good about my Mom status right now. Nonnie got Hayes a play-doh set for his birthday that included tiny soldier molds, but he calls them "babies". Hayes is OBSESSED with them and let me tell you, it is hilarious to hear him talk about "making babies". "I'm good at making babies!", "Aw Lily, you made a girl baby!", "Mom, can you make a baby?" (I'm sorry, is this inappropriate? I hope not! I just think it's so cute and gives me a good laugh during the day!)




We've been getting our first Christmas cards in this week and Lily took some time to gaze at her Lubbock "baby boyfriend", Easton. We miss his cute little face!




On Thursday night, we listened to Christmas music (mostly the "Christmas Eve" song by Trans-Siberian Orchestra which is quickly becoming my LEAST favorite song because it is all the kids want to listen to) and made salt dough ornaments for the kids Christmas tree. This made my list of "semi-stressful experiences", but we got it done and no one cried. Ha!




And that's all I've got! Oh, I also had my Mom to Mom Christmas Brunch on Wednesday morning which was a really sweet time. I am so thankful to have been welcomed into this group--it is at this point, my only real "girl time" each week and I need every bit I can get!



No comments:

Post a Comment