Waterslides and French Fries

Sunday, July 2, 2017


We have had quite the whirlwind of a week (I hope to update later), and have managed to get ourselves to Galveston to spend the 4th with my family. 

Bryan was called out to a storm so he was only able to enjoy the gulf breeze for a day before leaving for Omaha. We miss our husband and dad but are having a blast otherwise.

We've done a lot, but in an attempt to keep this short, I will just say that we have beached, we have napped, we have sat in the porch swing, gone on the boat, ate really good brisket and tomatoes, and today: we went to Schlitterbahn. 





Schlitterbahn is a family favorite and I especially love it now that I have two rambunctious little boys who are conquerors of the water slide and lazy river--I am kind of proud of this as a parent. Mama loves a good water slide! 


Hayes wa-hooed and yipeyed all the way down the big tube slides and kept up on the many (many many many) cases of stairs with me. And hung on to his paci. A feat many cannot master. 

Lily Mae was her usual stylish self and hung with Nonnie and my big sun hat. 

Lily is also teething. Her personal refrigerators are not fans. 



We took a tired and hungry crew with Shrimp N Stuff in the historic district of Galveston for supper. We waited a bit too long because, truly, we all could have eaten our arms by the time we got there and Hayes was on a mission to get a FWEN FYYYYYYYY!! French fry. I have never seen him so distraught over food! 

The meal was delicious and I highly recommend the coconut shrimp. 



I'm so thankful to spend this time with my family. We have been coming here for 22 years now. How's that for tradition? 

No comments:

Post a Comment