Toy Purge.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Our house is always a nice, big, hot mess by the end of May--thank you, overloaded calendar. 

I present to you, Exhibit A:


My children get SO many toys each year, and I am quite horrible at keeping up with the "one in, one out" rule, so this weekend I set out to fix that and do a major toy purge. Bryan was also kind enough to take down those dang bunk beds because the words, "Oh! I LOVE making bunk beds!" has never been said by any mom, ever. (I did ask the boys if they were okay with this--which they surprisingly were--thank goodness.)

It took me several hours, but the room is now clean and we have four bags of toys out in the garage (I'm waiting a bit to sell them to see if the boys notice any "beloved" toy that is missing--so far they haven't). 

Hallelujah! So clean.






They still have a closet full of toys but it's all nicely organized in places they can actually find. Parker, in true Parker form, really wants to label all the bins and even attempted to do so with a RED SHARPIE before I caught him.


The boys were so exited about their new "woom" (as said by Hayes) and played quietly for hours (!) yesterday afternoon. This convinces me even more that less is more when it comes to toys. 

Parker came downstairs dressed as a cowboy (all picked out by himself) and we conducted many stick horse race videos that I recorded with the "slow motion" setting of my phone. This quickly became a new favorite for both boys and we will be sure to do it again!



I must go! Lily just handed me a skillet she dug out of the cabinet and is signing "more". I wonder where this will lead!


No comments:

Post a Comment