Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

I am currently sitting on the couch in my pajamas watching the Macy's parade and enjoying the smell of onions and butter cooking (the BEST) and thought it would be a great time to pop in and share some of our memories from the past week. We have had so much fun. 


I'm going to attempt to use as few words as possible because there's lots to do today....so we will see how this goes!

We headed to our dear Lubbock on Friday for a busy weekend. On Saturday, me, Judy, and Lily Mae ditched the boys and went to one of my FAVORITE events of the entire year: Holiday Happening!! Like every other year, this year did not disappoint one bit. Geez I love Christmas music and shopping.



Lilybug was in her Christmas best and actually did really well---mostly on account of a much-needed stroller nap that allowed us some uninterrupted shopping. 





I am aware that this scene makes some people crazy, but I am not one of those people. 
There is nothing better!




We shopped till we dropped (and collected and few new favorites for my closet!), and then headed home to freshen up and head over to Friendsgiving with our fabulous Lubbock crew. 




I don't feel too left out yet thanks to our running group text, but being with these girls (and their husbands) in person is so bittersweet and makes me miss them even more! We love this bunch.

And we love ALLLLL of these babies. 



We left Parker and Hayes at my in-laws house so I felt like a really awesome parent only having to pay attention to one child.

The whole group! (Minus the Taylors and the Allens and about half of our kids!)




Lily and her future husband, Easton.




We loved getting to see our Grammy and Bee all weekend as well! Their house still feels like home and makes me so happy.






On Sunday, we got the treat of going to Monterey and enjoying a great worship service before catching up with so many sweet friends. We spent the afternoon eating, napping, watching football, and selling stuff on Trading Up because I really like to haul junk from Dallas to Lubbock and add unnecessary things to my to-do list but hey! I made like $160 so I was excited about that. 


On Monday we DROVE THROUGH THE NIGHT (yes) and arrived in CO exhausted and happy for my parents to take our crazy kiddies off our hands!

They made a park trip and probably did a bunch of other things while me and Bryan slept and then we got ready for: FAMILY PHOTOS! Yay. Actually it went fairly well with the exception of Lily is was determined to keep both paci and blankie in hand for all photos.




After photos we drove over to Hacienda for our usual (and now sentimental) dinner of Quesochangas and my new favorite: bacon-wrapped-shrimp. We also got to meet Laura's BOYFRIEND John who is every bit as nice as I hoped he would be! It's so weird to have grown up sisters. 





After dinner the "big kids" went to see the new Harry Potter movie which we thought was AWESOME.

------

Yesterday, I caught the cutest moment with Lily Mae curled up beside her Nonnie on the living room floor fast asleep. 



SO DANG SWEET.



We mostly just hung around the house (and it was amazing) and then Bryan and I snuck off on a date! We were *super* creative with our date and headed to the mall to eat at the Cheescake Factory and enjoy some pre-Black Friday shopping. We had so much fun and I always love to be reminded of how much I like being with my husband! I also love Park Meadows decorated for Christmas! (I have no photos of this outing but thought it was worth the mention.)

While we were gone, the kids "helped" with Thanksgiving preparations which I'm sure required ample amounts of patience from their aunts. (Pictures are once again courtesy of my Mom.)







And that's about all I've got. I LOVE this time of year and I LOVE THANKSGIVING!


More videos on YouTube!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great week and we are so glad you came up to visit. We always cherish sharing holidays with all of you and look forward to the next time we get get to see those rambunctious kiddos.

    PS...makes returning back to the office more like rest/recuperation than work :-)

    ReplyDelete